Norwegian Wood, isn't it good
17 Feb 07
Oslo
Holmenkollen SkiJump

[Wikipedia link]
Caught the metro train from Oslo up the hill to have a look at the skijump they're all very proud of, the Norwegian under-18s competition was on.







Vigeland Sculpture Park:
[Vigeland park location map]
[Wikipedia link]
[Panoramic photo link]
They're very cosy here at the Vigeland Scuplture park. I tried not to get too involved.
Some famous Norwegian sculpture guy spent 20 years designing and building this arty stuff.
Houses spread out and some brightly coloured, contrasted to the crammed dull brick living style back in Newcastle.
Norwegian Wood, it's good.
The weather was warm this weekend and generally stayed above freezing in the city. But it's not only the cold that would make life difficult here, it's the offensive cost of living. eg latte NZ$5.75, Cheeseburger NZ$4.00, and most amazing of all NZ$15.00 for a pint of beer, apparently heavily taxed to stop the vikings going crazy. However these are all luxury goods that I'm referring to. Norway is the third richest country in the world, I saw a few beggars in the street, though I guess they have similar margins to anywhere else - with high living costs most likely offset by more reasonable income, but hey that's my presumptuous opinion. I just thank God that I can enjoy the good things that I'm able to.








1 comment:
Kent!!! I am so sad that we didn't get to say a 'proper' goodbye but at least we bumped into each other getting off and on the metro in Jarrow!! Keep in touch. You can get my email off my blogsite. Hugs! Alberta
Post a Comment