Paris, Greece, Gallipoli
April07

Paris.
Dad and I spent a night in Paris - just to see the place, been-there-done-that sort of thing.















Athens.
Heaps of old stuff here.
The town centre (Plaka) is nice for dining.
My sister Rosanne joined Dad and I here for the Greek part of our tour.
Took a ferry to one of the islands.

Some nice scaffolding at the Akropolis. I heard they're turning it into a block of apartments, great views.











































Delphi.
More old buildings and stuff. Delphi was the site of the first United Nations thousands of years ago.
Were there on Easter Fri/Sat, the Greek Orthodox Church is quite a strong part of their culture and they make a big event out of Easter with a procession down the main street.



















Thessaloniki.
Just another city with old stuff in it.
Dad and I caught the midnight express from there to Istanbul, Rosanne flew back to Liverpool.














Gallipoli.
Bus to a small town Eceabat where we stayed two nights, took a tour of the Anzac sites.






































From here Dad and I returned to Istanbul, from where he returned to NZ

No comments: