Home again
24 July 2007
New Zealand
Home again.
Zane picks me up from the airport. "How's it feel to be back?". "Confusing" I replied. We drove with the roof down in his convertible until the inevitable Auckland rain came.
I stayed at Zane and Michelle's place at Clarks Beach, beautiful views, watching the rainclouds emptying onto Auckland city, the birds on the mudflats. Michelle cooked a great meal. I was tired, so very tired, and everything seemed a little unreal, but things were great.
Next day drove around town and then to the parents place at Coroglen. A drive through Auckland traffic and then two hours on familiar road and everything seemed normal again. All that was familiar at home, it was like I'd only been away a few weeks. The fire was going, Dale was cooking, Mum had come in from mowing the lawn, Dad was in from the orchard. I woke up early the next day and caught the sunrise and some crisp winter air.
.............


1 comment:
Kent - it will be interesting to see what God has for you next. Keep in touch! Cheers, Alberta
Post a Comment